Whether you live in the middle of the Poconos, Tannersville or Scotrun, water quality and the benefits you can achieve through good water are another part of taking advantage of where you live. With all the advantages and outdoor activities, the Poconos have to offer, having water that provides benefits through healthypipes and softer clothes is a worthwhile consideration
The advantages of a water softener whether it is salt- or salt-free
- Healthier, softer skin - Skin washed in hard water can feel scratchy and dry because of the soap scum.
- Shiny hair - Hair washed in hard water is often dull-looking and sticky.
- Clothes are softer and look cleaner without looking dingy - It is hard for soap and detergent to dissolve, leaving behind water spots on dishes.
- Drinking water - Tastes better with the removal of much of the calcium and magnesium.
- Hard water is known to clog pipes and appliances due to build-up - It creates a scale buildup inside your pipes and water appliances reducing the efficiency of your water heater.
Soft water is just easier on your pipes and appliances, both large, washing machines and small, coffee pots. Softer water will save you money in the long run as appliances and pipes will last longer. Hard water is generally considered to be ‘hard water’ due to increased amounts of calcium and magnesium. This means more energy is used to heat water which will result in increased energy expenses.
A water softener is a unit that is used to soften water by removing the minerals that cause the water to be hard. Water softeners are specific ion exchanges that are designed to remove ions that are positively charged. Anti-scale systems transform calcium ions into calcium crystals that are stable and cannot attach to pipes, hardware, or other fixtures. The crystals are so small they are easily rinsed away by the water flow. They are harmless, neutral, heat resistant, and completely stable, and will not attach to any surfaces like your pipes and heaters to cause lime deposits.
Traditional salt-based systems add salt to the water.
- Salt-based systems require the salt to be replenished monthly.
- It is recommended for homes with high hardness levels.
Salt-free systems are maintenance-free.
- It uses no wastewater, no electricity, and no salt or chemicals.
- This system is low maintenance because it can last years without maintenance.
- It is a healthy alternative for infants, children, and the elderly.
Knowing there are solutions to an issue is the first step in resolving it. The professionals at Spring Rain can help you make the best decision on a water softener for you and your family.